Thursday, September 30, 2010

things that happened since the last post! !

sometimes i sell software on craigslist, but dont ask questions about it. this man named Joe wanted to buy some of this software. we chat back and forth via e-mail, negotiating the purchase. i say 'i can meet at 7'. he says 'WHY SO LATE?', almost like heath ledger (rip bro) as the joker. a bit astonished, i still reply 'because that's when i get back from work, would another day work for you?'. there's no response, so i get home and start cooking some food.

then i get a phone call. i let it go to voicemail because my shit is boiling. another call immediately ensues, so i pick up and hear a gruff, cranky old-man voice: 'HEY SEAN , IT'S JOE. I'M OUTSIDE'. this was bewildering because i hadn't expected him; he didn't confirm that he was coming for sure. convo is as follows:

me- 'Ok.., that's cool, but give me like 10 minutes to finish something up.'
old-man joe - 'WHAT? YOU INSIDE THE APARTMENT? COME DOWN AND LET ME IN.'
me- 'uhhhhhhhhh, just give me 10 minutes and I can deal with you, I'm in the middle of something, I wasn't expecting you.'
angry-man joe - 'I DROVE 55 FUCKING MILES AND YOU AREN'T GONNA LET ME IN? COM'ON. *grunt noise*'
me- 'not dealing with this shit. goodbye.'

then i proceed to get 5 calls each followed by a voicemail. i go about my night as usual, continuing to give no fuck. in the morning, i decide to hear what old-man joe had to say about our encounter. they all basically said, in a desperately pleading voice 'HEY man, I'm sorry, I'm calmed down , just let me in . I'm not gonna hurt ya! I need this . It's ok, come on. Lets do this'. he also left me an e-mail apologizing for his behavior.

despite all that, he seemed to be just a crotchety old man rather than a complete sociopath, so i made arrangements to meet him halfway between cinci and hamilton since i had an indoor soccer match anyway. we meet up, he has a truck , i hand him the software, he hands me a check and gives me an ambiguous stink-eye, i look confused, then we part ways.

in summary: craigslist is a random grab-bag of the strangest people you can meet, and that's not even including whatever happens in casual encounters (who knows what kinds of weird fucking goes on there). once, when selling software , this dude subtly txt-threatened my life after he couldn't figure out how to install Windows 7.

in other news, here's an extremely racist / homophobic / though-provoking photo on a condom machine in a gas station bathroom in no place other than central ohio. have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment